Summer is halfway over. I can't believe it! I leave for school in under a month.
On today's post, I am including some things I am hoping to do as Summer wraps up, as well as a list of summery things I'm thankful for. The latter is something that my discipler at school and I talked about this past semester. She talked to me about how when she finds herself complaining or facing anxiety, she makes random lists of things she's thankful for. I have done it and it immediately lifts my mood! Try it sometime.
SUMMER BUCKET LIST IDEAS:
1. Make some homemade lemonade. It's so yummy and so easy. I made a pitcher last summer, and wouldn't let my family have any because it was so good.
2. Orchestrate a staycation in your town. I love being on the beach, running around my island, and perusing shops.
3. Just relax. I work so hard during the school year that I am just happy to be home. Catch me on my couch, y'all.
4. Enjoy where you live. I am eight minutes from the ocean and I love it! Although, I got a sunburn in May on half my body, and I'm still four different colors...Do you live near the mountains? Go hiking. Live near a creek? Go sit and read. Spend an early morning with birds in the forest or watch the stars in a meadow.
5. Hang out with your family. I love being with my parents and my sister, and when my cousins and grandma come down and spend some time with us! My cousin Savannah got married this summer and it was so fun to see everyone -- I love when we're all together.
7. Drink a glass bottle coke with the windows down. Nuff said.
THINGS I'M THANKFUL FOR:
1. Clear skies
2. Vivid colors
3. Denim shorts
5. Books and Netflix
6. Friends and family
7. A cold drink on a hot day
8. Staying up extra late
9. Sleeping in
What are you thankful for?
I am a September baby, which may be the root of my love for fall. I love dark chocolate, popcorn, and I do actually like brussel sprouts. I'm the kind of person that listens to a Christmas song in September. (But only one. I don't want to ruin the ~magic~).